Morrison ‘made acid threat’

first_img Press Association West Ham midfielder Ravel Morrison threatened to throw acid in the face of his ex-girlfriend and have her killed, a court heard on Thursday. Morrison, who spoke only to confirm his name, age and address, sat in the dock at the court for the brief hearing as the harassment allegation was also added to the charges. The court heard the additional charge of causing his ex-girlfriend to fear violence would be used against her spanned the period from January 1, 2010 to July 20 this year. The charge alleges he threatened to throw acid in her face, blow up her house and have her killed and other threats of violence. David Fish QC, representing Morrison, indicated the defendant would be pleading not guilty to the charges. District Judge Khalid Qureshi bailed Morrison to appear at Manchester Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on August 28. Morrison, originally from Manchester, was initially remanded in custody last week before being bailed. His bail conditions are that he lives in Canary Wharf, London, does not contact directly or indirectly the two women complainants, does not go on to the street where they live, and does not enter the Greater Manchester area except for a court appearance, to see his lawyers or to visit for a West Ham game in the area and to return to London immediately after the match. Despite being touted as a bright prospect at Old Trafford, Morrison appeared only in the League Cup before former Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson sold him to West Ham for £650,000 in January 2012. West Ham manager Sam Allardyce took him to Upton Park but he was later shipped out on loan to Birmingham and QPR. Morrison picked up the first of his four England Under-21 caps in a 4-0 win over San Marino in October and was subject to a bid from Fulham in January – although the offer was rejected. center_img The 21-year-old is also accused of threatening to blow up her house in a course of harassment against his ex-girlfriend Reah Mansoor lasting four years, Manchester Magistrates’ Court heard. The former Manchester United player was initially arrested and charged with two counts of common assault after allegedly punching and slapping Miss Mansoor, 19, and her mother Parveen Mansoor, 39, in the early hours of July 27 in Salford. last_img read more

Liverpool to appeal Mane ban length

first_imgThe Anfield club can claim excessive punishment which could see the ban reduced to either one or two matches.A successful wrongful dismissal claim would see the ban overturned, but that is highly unlikely.Jurgen Klopp had initially said they were unlikely to appeal the ban.“It never works, it would be another waste of time, like the game today. Not sure [if they will appeal]. I think everyone knows he didn’t see the goalie,” Klopp said.The Brazil keeper was left with several cuts and bruises to his face following the 37th minute collision. He was carried off the pitch before returning to the City bench in the second half.Mane is set to miss Saturday’s Premier League game against Burnley as well as league and cup trips to Leicester City.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Jon Moss took his time to make his decision before brandishing the red card to the Liverpool forward.Photo/DMMANCHESTER, United Kingdom, Sep 12 – Liverpool will appeal the length of Sadio Mane’s three-match ban following his red card on Saturday against Manchester City, according to reports.The Senegalese winger was dismissed by referee Jon Moss after his foot caught City goalkeeper Ederson in the face as they challenged for a high ball during Liverpool’s 5-0 defeat.last_img read more