Gabri, ex of Andorra: “Piqué professionally disappointed me”

first_imgEverything was conceived after a deep slump, which resulted in seven consecutive games without winning, three in a row falling defeated. The elimination in Copa del Rey, which was the ideal competition to show the world the dimension of the project, did not help either. “I lost three games and Piqué and the sports management understood that they had to stop me. They told me that they did not see me capable of reversing the situation to enter the Playoff, “he explains. And, despite the fact that the objectives were different, the exciting start of Andorra was already looking on the horizon one more step in the dream of Gerard: Let the anthem of the Champions League sound in the Principality.“The team had been built in two weeks and was designed to play in Third and try to fight for promotion to Second B. We went up, but even the players we signed were told they might suffer to keep from going down. In the first matches it was assumed that Andorra would be in the bottom of the table“adds Gabri. Transfers like Palanca, Gaffoor or Víctor Casadesús set other goals, but the change from Regional to the previous step to professionalism offered too much contrast. Despite this, it was given to Nacho Castro, formerly of Horta, the command to seek to classify among the first four. With the season in ‘stand by’ it seems that the challenge will have to wait.Even so, the first experience in Second B could be rated high. Andorra is ninth with 41 points, with the descent very far and the Playoff zone at eight points. Gabri, in RAC1, scores as much: “We were leaders for four days and we were the third team in the table that came first most times. They are not bad numbers for a team that had just moved up and had not played in that category for twenty years. Despite the fact that going from Second Division B to Second was easy“ The Piqué Andorra project was born last season from a regional category. However, the ambition and investment of the Barcelona central made possible the promotion to the Third Division and, later, Second B thanks to the purchase of the place. However, despite expectations, it seemed complicated that the team could make the leap to professional football in just one season. But, one way or another, It was around the head of Piqué, who gave Gabri the helmsman to try to achieve it. The squad started thrown, occupying Playoff positions regularly, but a poor streak of results forced the change on the bench.That news, which came as a surprise to many, also angered Gabri, who showed AS her frustration and disappointment. But it has not been until today when the ex-technician of Andorra, in RAC1, has spoken publicly after his dismissal. “It was difficult for me to understand the decision, which was obviously Piqué’s. First the sports management told me and then he. He was the one with the last word. What is the personal relationship turned out well, but professionally I was disappointed“, recognizes the trainer despite the fact that his team was in a comfortable position in the table.last_img read more

Trade tribunal slights most steel safeguards says import restrictions not warranted on

first_img What you need to know about passing the family cottage to the next generation Featured Stories Facebook 0 Comments Share this storyTrade tribunal slights most steel safeguards, says import restrictions not warranted on 5 of 7 products Tumblr Pinterest Google+ LinkedIn Email Ongoing safeguard measures are warranted on just two of the seven steel products that were subjected to emergency import restrictions by Finance Minister Bill Morneau in October, according to a much-anticipated report from the Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT) released Wednesday.In what it called “one of the most complex inquiries” it has ever conducted, the quasi-judicial body held hearings over several weeks in January as to whether the provisional safeguards imposed on seven different steel products in October should be made final. The step would see the safeguards extended from a maximum of 200 days to up to three years.A review of the evidence by the three judge panel concluded that only two products, steel plate and stainless steel wire, “are being imported in such increased quantities and under such conditions as to be a principal cause of a threat of serious injury to the domestic industry.” Alberta, B.C. say steel safeguards are undermining infrastructure projects Canada’s trading partners push back against steel safeguards Canada to impose steel safeguards, including quotas and tariffs However in the case of the remaining five products — concrete reinforcing bar, hot-rolled sheet, energy tubular products, pre-painted steel and wire rod — the Tribunal found there was either no significant increase in imports or that the increase detected had not caused injury.“Our Government is carefully reviewing the CITT’s findings and recommendations before deciding on next steps and will respond in the coming weeks,” said Pierre Olivier Hebert, spokesperson for Finance Minister Bill Morneau. “We will continue to work with affected businesses and workers in the steel, aluminum and manufacturing industries, to ensure they have the support they need.Morneau took the unprecedented step of imposing the provisional safeguards in October, arguing the immediate tariffs and quotas were necessary on all seven products in order to shield domestic producers from a flood of imports diverted into Canada as a result of U.S. tariffs on steel and aluminum. It was the first time the measures — considered emergency actions by the World Trade Organization — have ever been imposed in Canada ahead of a full, independent review of the evidence by the CITT.The report is a recommendation, not a ruling and Finance Minister Bill Morneau is free to take a different course if he chooses. He is expected to make a decision by mid-May when the provisional measures are set to expire.We are disappointed and concerned with the Tribunal’s recommendations Recommended For YouFrance, Britain and Germany say risks Iran nuclear deal could collapseAmerican Airlines extends Boeing 737 MAX cancellations for fourth timeBanks boost Saudi, Aldar strong in Abu DhabiChina drafts plan to make it easier to do businessSterling would rise under Labour government – Labour finance chief Twitter April 3, 20198:25 PM EDT Filed under News Naomi Powell Reddit More The results are a blow to the Canadian Steel Producers Association, which has been pushing for the measures since early last year.“We are disappointed and concerned with the Tribunal’s recommendations. Since the temporary safeguards came into force, they have stabilized the Canadian steel market and limited the amount of steel that was being diverted to Canada,” Catherine Cobden, president of the association representing integrated steel producers ArcelorMittal Dofasco, Stelco and Algoma Steel. “Furthermore, the continued surge of low-priced imports and deteriorating market conditions that have persisted following the conclusion of the CITT’s hearing were not considered and further supports the imposition of final safeguard measures.”If the Minister of Finance does not put in place final safeguard measures on all 7 products by May “the steel industry in Canada is threatened with a loss of jobs, significant community impacts, market share erosion, and growing investment uncertainty.”However, the findings were welcomed by representatives of the construction industry and downstream manufacturers that rely on steel imports to make their products. They have warned that the safeguards could create a supply crisis, driving up the cost of steel and exacerbating shortages at a time when Canada’s retaliatory tariffs on the U.S. have already cut off supply from the U.S.“The CITT analysis of the evidence calls into question the government’s analysis and the motivation that gave rise to these safeguards,” said Jesse Goldman partner in international trade and investment at Borden Ladner Gervais, representing he Canadian Coalition for Construction Steel.The measures have also received pushback from both inside and outside the country – with several of Canada’s international trading partners, a number of provinces and private businesses warning they would threaten infrastructure projects and investments by creating shortages and raising the cost of steel. ← Previous Next → Comment Sponsored By: advertisement Finance Minister Bill Morneau speaks to reporters after touring of one of ArcelorMittal Dofasco’s galvanizing mills in Hamilton, Ont., on Aug. 14, 2018.Peter Power/The Canadian Press Trade tribunal slights most steel safeguards, says import restrictions not warranted on 5 of 7 products The report is a recommendation, not a ruling and Finance Minister Bill Morneau is free to take a different course if he chooses Join the conversation →last_img read more