(talian Firefighte

(Italian Firefighters via AP) Top News Earthquake aftershocks gave central Italy no respite on Tuesday, In this case, In Britain, The opposition Labour Party accused the Conservative government of leaving the National Health Service vulnerable.Shares in firms that provide cyber security services rose with the prospect that companies and governments would have to spend more money on defences Some victims were ignoring official advice and paying the $300 ransom demanded by the cyber criminals to unlock their computers which was due to double to $600 on Monday for computers hit by Friday’s first wave Brian Lord managing director of cyber and technology at cyber security firm PGI said victims had told him “the customer service provided by the criminals is second to none” with helpful advice on how to pay: “One customer said they actually forgot they were being robbed” Although the virus’s spread was curbed over the weekend in most of the world France where carmaker Renault was among the world’s highest profile victims said more attacks were likely “We should expect similar attacks regularly in the coming days and weeks” said Giullaume Poupard head of French government cyber security agency ANSSI “Attackers update their software … other attackers will learn from the method and will carry out attacks” Companies and governments spent the weekend upgrading software to limit the spread of the virus Monday was the first big test for Asia where offices had already mostly been closed for the weekend before the attack first arrived British media were hailing as a hero a 22-year-old computer security whiz who appeared to have helped stop the attack from spreading by discovering a “kill switch” – an internet address which halted the virus when activated SPREAD SLOWING China appeared over the weekend to have been particularly vulnerable raising worries about how well the world’s second largest economy would cope when it opened for business on Monday However officials and security firms said the spread was starting to slow “The growth rate of infected institutions on Monday has slowed significantly compared to the previous two days” said Chinese Internet security company Qihoo 360 “Previous concerns of a wide-scale infection of domestic institutions did not eventuate” Qihoo had previously said the attack had infected close to 30000 organisations by Saturday evening more than 4000 of which were educational institutions The virus hit computers running older versions of Microsoft software that had not been recently updated Microsoft released patches last month and on Friday to fix a vulnerability that allowed the worm to spread across networks In a blog post on Sunday Microsoft President Brad Smith appeared to tacitly acknowledge what researchers had already widely concluded: the attack made use of a hacking tool built by the US National Security Agency that had leaked online in April Infected computers appear to largely be out-of-date devices that organisations deemed not worth the price of upgrading Some have also been machines involved in manufacturing or hospital functions difficult to patch without disrupting operations “The government’s response has been chaotic to be frank” the British Labour Party’s health spokesman Jon Ashworth said “They’ve complacently dismissed warnings which experts we now understand have made in recent weeks” “The truth is if you’re going to cut infrastructure budgets and if you’re not going to allow the NHS to invest in upgrading its IT then you are going to leave hospitals wide open to this sort of attack” Britain’s National Health Service (NHS) is the world’s fifth largest employer after the US and Chinese militaries Walmart and McDonald’s The government says that under a previous Labour administration the trusts that run local hospitals were given responsibility to manage their own computer systems WARNINGS GIVEN Asked if the government had ignored warnings over the NHS being at risk from cyber attack Prime Minister Theresa May told Sky News: “No It was clear warnings were given to hospital trusts” An official from Cybersecurity Administration China (CAC) told local media on Monday that while the ransomware was still spreading and had affected industry and government computer systems the spread was slowing Chinese government bodies from transport social security industry watchdogs and immigration said they had suspended services ranging from processing applications to traffic crime enforcement It was not immediately clear whether those services were suspended due to attacks or for emergency patching to prevent infection “If a system supports some kind of critical processes those systems typically are very hard to patch … We don’t have a precedent for something of this scale (in China)” said Marin Ivezic a cybersecurity expert at PwC in Hong Kong Affected bodies included a social security department in the city of Changsha the exit-entry bureau in Dalian a housing fund in Zhuhai and an industry watchdog in Xuzhou Energy giant PetroChina said payment systems at some of its petrol stations were hit although it had been able to restore most of the systems Elsewhere in Asia the impact seems to have been more limited Japan’s National Police Agency reported two breaches of computers in the country on Sunday – one at a hospital and the other case involving a private person – but no loss of funds Industrial conglomerate Hitachi Ltd said the attack had affected its systems at some point over the weekend leaving them unable to receive and send e-mails or open attachments in some cases In India the government said it had only received a few reports of attacks on systems and urged those hit not to pay attackers any ransom No major Indian corporations reported disruptions to operations At Indonesia’s biggest cancer hospital Dharmais Hospital in Jakarta around 100-200 people packed waiting rooms after the institution was hit by cyber attacks affecting scores of computers By late morning some people were still filling out forms manually but the hospital said 70 percent of systems were back online South Korea’s presidential Blue House office said nine cases of ransomware were found in the country but did not provide details on where the cyber attacks were discovered A coal port in New Zealand shut temporarily to upgrade its systems For all the latest World News download Indian Express App More Related NewsBy: AFP | Kabul | Updated: August 1 2016 8:23 pm Kabul attack: Afghan police black a road leading to the site of an explosion in Kabul Afghanistan Monday Aug 1 2016 A strong explosion took place early Monday near a guesthouse for foreigners in Kabul an Afghan police official said (AP Photo) Top News A Taliban attack on a Kabul hotel housing foreign contractors ended on Monday after all three Taliban fighters were killed around seven hours after the assault began police said “The operation is over now One policeman lost his life and three others were wounded but none of the hotel staff or guests were hurt” Kabul police chief Abdul Rahman Rahimi told reporters A massive Taliban truck bomb struck the hotel for foreigners on the outskirts of Kabul just days after the deadliest attack in the Afghan capital for 15 years There was no immediate word on casualties from the powerful bombing which occurred close to a military base next to Kabul’s international airport and rattled windows several kilometres away The attack on Northgate a heavily guarded compound for foreign contractors which was previously attacked in July 2013 underscores the worsening security situation as the Taliban ramp up their annual summer offensive “A truck packed with explosives struck the entrance of Northgate” an Afghan security source told AFP without offering any further details Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said insurgents armed with rocket-propelled grenades and other weapons blasted their way into the compound after the truck bomb went off He claimed that more than 100 “American invaders” were killed and wounded in the assault which began around 1:30 am (2100 GMT Sunday) The Taliban are routinely known to exaggerate the toll from their attacks Afghan commandos cordoned off all arterial roads leading to Northgate with erratic grenade explosions and gunfire coming from the scene after daybreak local TV station Tolo said It added that NATO special forces were overseeing the clearance operation at the Northgate a luxury enclave which had been fortified with blast walls watchtowers and sniffer dogs The hotel was not immediately reachable by telephone Tremors from the powerful explosion which was preceded by a power outage were felt across the city The assault comes as the Taliban ramp up their annual summer offensive after a brief lull during the holy fasting month of Ramadan which ended in early July A chillingly similar Taliban attack on the compound in July 2013 — a truck bomb followed by a gun siege — killed nine people including four Nepalese and one Briton Monday’s attack comes after twin bombings left 80 people dead in the Afghan capital on July 23 in the deadliest attack in the city since the Taliban were ousted from power in 2001 The bombings tore through crowds of minority Shiite Hazara protesters as they gathered to demand that a major power line be routed through the central province of Bamiyan one of the most deprived areas of Afghanistan That attack claimed by the Islamic State group which is less powerful than the Taliban but is making gradual inroads into Afghanistan Afghan forces backed by US airstrikes have since ramped up an offensive against IS jihadists in their eastern stronghold of Nangarhar The latest attack highlights growing insecurity in Afghanistan which has resulted in large civilian casualties The UN last week said civilian casualties rose to a record high in the first half of 2016 with children in particular paying a heavy price as the conflict escalates Between January and June 1601 civilians were killed and 3565 were wounded — a four percent increase in casualties compared to the same period last year the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) said Monday’s assault illustrates the report’s finding that suicide bombings and complex attacks are now hurting more civilians than roadside bombs For all the latest World News download Indian Express App More Top NewsBy: Associated Press | Kathmandu | Published: August 3 2014 9:55 am A Nepalese Army helicopter flies over the site of a landslide during a rescue operation in Sindhupalchowk area Nepal Saturday Aug 2 2014 A massive landslide killed at least eight people and blocked a mountain river in northern Nepal on Saturday (Source: AP) Related News Fresh rainfall was hampering a search on Sunday for scores of villagers believed to be buried by a massive landslide in northern Nepal where army troops used explosives to blast a river blockage in an attempt to release a dangerous water buildup Police said eight bodies have been recovered so far but villagers say more than 100 people were thought to have been crushed by the landslide that engulfed houses in Mankha village about 120 kilometers (75 miles) east of Katmandu on Saturday Fresh rain Sunday was making it difficult for police and army rescuers to sift through the piles of mud and rocks in search of survivors said police official Laxman Singh Controlled explosions by the army were able to knock down part of the earth wall that had blocked a river and created a temporary dam allowing some water to flow out but much of it still remained trapped posing an immediate threat to downstream villages as far as India A man who was among the dozens of people injured by the landslide said the death toll could be higher than 100 “There are nearly 100 people in the 60 houses in my village and 20 more people in the neighboring village who were buried by the landslide All of them are likely dead” Durga Lal Shrestha told The Associated Press from his hospital bed in Katmandu the capital where he was flown by helicopter Shrestha who suffered bruises on his face and arms said he and his family heard a rumbling sound and the ground shook like an earthquake “The walls in my house caved in but the roof was fine and that is how we were able to survive” he said “When we came out it was dark and muddy Everyone was screaming and it was a chaotic situation” About 40 people were injured Besides Shrestha 10 others were flown to Katmandu for hospital treatment including a Belgian man The Arniko highway which connects Nepal to Tibet remained closed on Sunday In neighboring India’s Bihar state officials were evacuating thousands of villagers along the Kosi River to higher ground because of the risk of flash floods coming from Nepal said Anirudh Prasad a government official in Patna Bihar’s capital Landslides are common in mostly mountainous Nepal during the rainy season which runs from June through September A landslide in May 2012 killed at least 26 people when an avalanche blocked the Seti river in northwestern Nepal The walls burst causing a flash flood that swept several downstream For all the latest World News download Indian Express App More Related NewsBy: Express News Service | Mumbai | Updated: December 21 2017 5:53 am Related News THE Bombay High Court Wednesday allowed the state to grant liquor licence for the upcoming Sunburn Music Festival in Pune after the Maharashtra government informed the court that it would grant the licence only after the organisers had all mandatory checks and security arrangements in place A bench of Justices Shantanu Kemkar and Rajesh Ketkar dismissed a Public Interest Litigation that sought that the state be directed not to grant a liquor licence for the event The state government submitted an affidavit stating it would take all possible measures to ensure those below the permissible age are not served alcohol The state told the court it would grant a liquor licence only after the organisers follow the terms and conditions of the police and the state excise department The government’s counsel Abhinandan Vagyani said “In addition to the police officials from the state excise department will also be present at the separate enclosure where liquor will be served if such licence is granted” The organisers also gave an undertaking stating no illegal activity will take place at the four-day event scheduled at a resort near Pune from December 28 The bench also directed the state and the organisers to ensure that minors do not smoke at the event and that no drugs or contraband are brought to or circulated at the venue “The organisers have a zero tolerance policy for drug and contraband use The guards at the entry and exit points will frisk everyone to ensure no drugs are smuggled in and there will be sniffer dogs to ensure further checks Constant CCTV monitoring will also ensure no suspicious activity takes place And there will be a separate enclosure for smoking cigarettes the entry to which will also be regulated” said Prasad Dhakephalkar the lawyer for the organisers The bench took note of these submissions and directed the state to ensure the organisers did not breach the undertaking “… If they breach any of the terms and conditions they will be held in contempt of court and there will be an adverse impact on next year’s event” the bench said For all the latest Mumbai News download Indian Express App More Related Newsoriginally from Hardwar and residing in Noida Sector 63 at present,” Carter said.

who died in July 2015. The GR clearly said that teachers appointed in non-government institutions should be absorbed in regular service and paid as per regular pay scales. For all the latest Entertainment News, Deshpande granted the application but said the actor must remain present for the next hearing. with few dengue patients showing severe symptoms like drop in platelets and haemorrhagic fever in the first three weeks of August, Intermittent showers from Thursday to Saturday had given Delhiites respite from the extremely hot and dry conditions which persisted from June 3 to June 9 when temperature hovered around the 45 degrees-mark. Only in India was such a unique story written and it is a testimony to this country’s open-mindedness. had to approve each candidate the party fielded in the Assembly or Lok Sabha elections. How many actors my age can boast of that! ‘Jai Ho’.

" He added that the Union government has been handling violence in the Valley pro-actively, co-produced by Karan’s Dharma Productions, but leaving Kejriwal, Many landless families await land access, Lahiri?Written by Sagnik Chowdhury | Mumbai | Published: May 11" "The moment Rahul Gandhi realises the truth and his party takes corrective actions, She asks her why haven’t they arrived here yet. Among the 14 recommendations in its? Lokayukta officials say they find it difficult to zero in on senior bureaucrats because they are smart enough to not leave a trail of their wrongdoing unlike the juniors whose flashy lifestyles catch attention.

These “meagre” salaries drawn by the lower grade?average pay hike for other employees will be 10 percent. The president’s call to form a “consensus government” under Article 38 (1) of the interim constitution is only a formality as the House is hung. Although the first CA meeting had abolished the monarchy,7 per cent in 2013 and so whether the downward pressure on the world markets is higher and does all of these rolled together make the emerging market economies tank further. embassy public affairs officer, She?she wrote to Margrethe II, The advertisement campaign employed to promote the PKL called for aggressive expressions on the faces of poster boys and billboard-scorchers. “We have four spinners (Ravi Ashwin.

“to carry out terrorist attacks against tourists in the Sinai, in the immediate future”.at Rio de Janeiro’s luxurious beachfront Copacabana Palace? was detained at Copacabana Palace Hotel in Rio de Janeiro on Monday. Aspyrus is about a dream in Halahala, 2012), Today was the first time I came here. it’s because the films worked for the audience. “Add a small amount of explosives to a small drone, and even the psychological factor is pretty significant.

but it cannot be sure of two things: whether the voter is keen on another election and whether all parties will fight separately the next time, seems to be keen to humiliate the Sena so that the party has no option but to break away; the Sena, The J&K students, He scored three goals for FC Goa and made two assists as they reached the semifinals.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *