Indo-Asian News Service KolkataMay 19, 2019UPDATED: May 19, 2019 10:04 IST Smith and Warner are set to defend Australia’s World Cup crown (Twitter: @cricketcomau)HIGHLIGHTSSteve Smith and David Warner are now back in the thick of things for AustraliaThe headache for Australia is how to fit in Aaron Finch, Usman Khawaja and Warner into the top 3Simon Katich also threw his weight behind Dinesh Karthik whose selection raised a few eyebrowsPenciling in David Warner and Steve Smith into the top-order could be a headache, but there is no doubt the pair would only make the playing XI richer as they strive to defend their World Cup crown in England and Wales next month, feels former batsman Simon Katich.Former Australia skipper Smith and his deputy Warner served the bans handed to them in the wake of last year’s Cape Town ball tampering affair, and are now back in the thick of things for Australia.While Warner has been in the form of his life, finishing the Indian Premier League as the highest scorer for Sunrisers Hyderabad, Smith stamped his class in the warm-up games against New Zealand in Australia.”They are both quality players and their records speak for themselves. The hard part is the Australian team has a problem of plenty particularly in the top four.”Both of them are top four players. There is (Usman) Khawaja, (Aaron) Finch, Shaun Marsh, and the two and these guys will try to fit into four slots. Then there is Maxwell, Stoinis. It’s going to be a tough selection call,” Katich told IANS.For the defending champions, the primary selection question centers on how to fit in Aaron Finch, Usman Khawaja and Warner into the top three.There have been talks of the duo receiving hostile treatment from the fans in England during the World Cup besides being greeted with greater scrutiny after a turbulent 12 months.After the World Cup, Australia will take on England in the Ashes.advertisement”They will welcome back the experience of Smith and Warner,” said Katich when asked about the off-field baggage that comes along with the pair.”The balance with the batting line-up is what they need to get right,” the 43-year old reiterated.Katich, who worked closely with India’s World Cup-bound wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik during his time as assistant coach of the Kolkata Knight Riders, also threw his weight behind the 33-year old whose selection raised a few eyebrows.”There is a lot of talk around that No.4 spot, and he is a guy who likes to spend time in the middle. Once he is set, he is very hard to bowl to at the back end. He has got all the tricks and he does have the timing and power to clear the rope,” said Katich who has played 56 Tests and 45 ODis for Australia.”It’s hard to judge a player based on T20 cricket with ODI cricket,” he concluded.Australia take on Afghanistan in their World Cup opener on June 1 while India open their account against South Africa on June 5. The showpiece event starts on May 30.Also Read | Australia will play on our strengths in 2019 ICC World Cup: Alex CareyAlso Read | Great to be part of women’s Ashes series: Australia captain Meg LanningFor sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byAjay Tiwari Tags :Follow Steven SmithFollow David WarnerFollow ICC World Cup 2019 Fitting Steve Smith and David Warner in top 4 will be tough: Simon KatichICC World Cup 2019: For the defending champions Australia, the primary selection question centres on how to fit in Aaron Finch, Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, David Warner and Steven Smith into the top 4advertisement
Though the Directors of the Company had represented to the ticket holders by making a public statement admitting the companies serious breaches including serious lapses of security and agreed to compensate the ticket holders, none of the same has been effected yet according to Premathiratne. The District Court of Colombo in the case filed by Attorney at Law Nishan Premthiratne for damages for serious breaches at the recently concluded Enrique Concert, ordered Live Events Pvt Ltd to disclose all assets held by the Company and the total earnings made from the ticket sales from the ” Enrique Iglasius – Sex and Love” concert held in December 2015.Premathiratne and his wife have filed two separate cases seeking for damages on the serious failures which had been caused to them owing to the substandard concert organized by the Company. The managing Director or chairman or directors are required to provide answers within 10 days. The Directors of Live Events include include Kumar Sangakkara and Mahela Jayawardena. (Colombo Gazette) Premathiratne was represented by Presidents Counsel Kuvera de Zoysa, Attorneys at Law Amrit Rajapakse, Kushan Illangathilake , Niranjan de Silva, Nadun Wijesiriwardena, Yasith Hirimburegama and Janith Fernando instructed by Sanjay Fonseka.
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah is considering new ways to distribute medical marijuana amid growing scrutiny from county attorneys who argue a planned state-run dispensary system would put public employees at risk of being prosecuted under federal drug laws.On Tuesday, Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill and Davis County District Attorney Troy Rawlings said current plans to use local health departments throughout the state as pickup points for medical marijuana would make the employees de-facto drug dealers.Marijuana is still banned at the federal level, though a congressional amendment blocks the Justice Department from interfering with medical marijuana programs in states that have them.But some district attorneys said distribution is still risky. “There’s no exemption for a state employee to distribute marijuana,” Rawlings said.More than 30 other states allow medical marijuana in some form. But none have state-run dispensaries because they fear the potential legal fallout, said Chris Lindsey, senior legislative counsel with the Marijuana Policy Project, a Washington-based pro-legalization advocacy group. Utah’s proposal is unique and, if successful, could set a precedent for other states, he said.Advocates who pushed for last year’s voter-approved law legalizing medical marijuana in Utah said they are pleased the state may go back to the plan outlined in the ballot initiative for a network of private dispensaries.That was scrapped when Utah lawmakers made sweeping changes to the ballot measure, and built in the distribution system that uses local health departments.The current plan allows for seven private “cannabis pharmacies,” with a state-run “central fill pharmacy” distributing the remainder of medical marijuana orders through each of the state’s 13 local health departments.Medical marijuana will be available for purchase only by patients with certain medical conditions. Residents can buy the drug at one of the state-selected dispensaries after obtaining a patient card from their medical provider.Desiree Hennessy, director of the Utah Patients Coalition, the main medical marijuana advocacy group that backed the ballot initiative, said she’s grateful legislators are recognizing issues with distribution and finding new ways to make it work. In light of counties resisting the “central fill” concept, Hennessy said she will push state officials to provide more private dispensaries to help distribute the drug.“We didn’t think a central fill was going to be successful, and now that state officials realize that, we can work toward a plan that works … prioritizing private dispensaries,” she said.Republican Senate Majority Leader Evan Vickers said the goal of the central-fill pharmacy was to reach patients in rural communities.He said state leaders have been hearing prosecutors’ concerns for months and are exploring alternatives. Possible solutions include modifying how cannabis would be delivered to local health departments, cutting counties out of the distribution process, and replacing the state’s “central fill” system with an additional privately owned dispensary.State officials are expected to meet later this month to discuss and enact changes to the law.House Democratic leaders blasted legislators for making changes to the initial ballot measure.“The Legislature cannot override the will of the voters with failed plans and hope to maintain any kind of trust with the people we are supposed to represent,” the Utah House Democratic Caucus leadership said in a Tuesday statement.Gill, Salt Lake County’s district attorney, said he’s confident state officials will craft a new distribution plan that excludes local health departments.“Whatever solution they come up with, frankly I don’t care, as long as it gets medical cannabis to patients and removes us from the equation,” he said.Utah’s medical cannabis program is set to open next year but has run into other obstacles. Two advocacy groups, Together for Responsible Use and Cannabis Education, or TRUCE, and the Epilepsy Association of Utah are suing the state over changes made to the medical-marijuana ballot initiative.Morgan Smith, The Associated Press